First, Why We Do What We Do . . .
Women have been bombarded with conflicting and overwhelming messages about what it means to be a woman. Climb the corporate ladder. Lose weight. Take the kids to soccer practice and ballet and piano lessons and art classes. Grocery shop. Eat healthy. Dress sexy. Go to church. Dress modestly. Volunteer at the homeless shelter. Maintain hundreds of relationships on social networking sites. Keep the house spotless. Be a great wife. Buy more gadgets to make life easier. Love the kids. Have a daily quiet time. Get another degree. Oh, yeah, and enjoy life!
Is it any wonder that women are stressed out, depressed, angry, guilty, fearful . . . numb?
“To know Christ—really know Him; to trust Him enough to obey Him; to love and enjoy Him . . . to ‘own’ the Gospel in its incredible, life-giving, transforming fullness and implications; to be willing to lay down our lives for the sake of Christ and the Gospel.”
Over the years, millions of women have been exposed to this message through . . .
- Resources (Nancy has authored fourteen books, including Lies Women Believe, A Place of Quiet Rest, and Seeking Him. More than 2,000,000 copies have been sold, and they continue to transform women’s hearts and lives.)
- Radio (Revive Our Hearts and Seeking Him with Nancy Leigh DeMoss are now heard on over 700 radio stations and reach nearly one million listeners a week.)
- Conferences (Check out the True Woman Conferences and Movement here.)
- Websites (ReviveOurHearts.com, TrueWoman.com, LiesYoungWomenBelieve.com)
Based in Niles, Michigan, Revive Our Hearts is an outreach of Life Action Ministries. We are believing God for a widespread personal and corporate revival and reformation among women as we call them to freedom, fullness, and fruitfulness in Christ. We’re also trusting God to continue to grow a grassroots movement of heart revival and biblical womanhood, as we encourage women to:
- Discover and embrace God’s design and mission for their lives,
- Reflect the beauty and heart of Jesus Christ to their world,
- Intentionally pass on the baton of Truth to the next generation, and
- Pray earnestly for an outpouring of God’s Spirit in their families, churches, nation, and world.