The Lifesavers Foundation is a faith based, non profit organization which exists to empower and assist those in crisis.
The LifeSavers Foundation (“LSF”), headquartered in Richardson, Texas, was formed in 2002 by a group of women who were united in their vision to assist underserved women and teens who are facing unplanned pregnancies and who are without resources. LSF initially raised funds via an annual luncheon to purchase hard goods for these women. In late 2003, LSF expanded its scope of clients and source of funds by opening a resale store to fund its program in addition to its annual fundraiser. LSF provides car seats, Pack ‘N Plays, diapers and clothing items to clients of local crisis pregnancy centers and other non-profit affiliations on an ongoing basis through a voucher system. Other beneficiaries include women attempting to leave sexually oriented businesses, children from abusive homes in child services care, and children with mental health issues. LSF also provides clothing and furniture items to individuals who are suffering immediate crises such as losses by fire, destitution, physical and sexual abuse, and immigrant status through the inventory located in the stores.
Since its inception, the LifeSavers Foundation has:
- Assisted over 15,000 clients through the voucher system at the resale stores
- Donated over $750,000 worth of merchandise to needy single parents and families
- Provided sonograms and pregnancy tests to over 6,000 clients through the Community Mobile Sonogram
- Provided over 26,000 meals to hungry families
- Sold millions of dollars in discounted items at the thrift store
- Offered medical services to over 1,600 children through The Doctor Spot pediatric mobile clinic
The LifeSavers Foundation is a faith based approach to health and well being for expectant mothers and young children, through The Doctor Spot, and Upscale Resale Store in Richardson, TX.
Please consider a donation today.